Candidate must be a citizen of India. Vacancies are state/ UT wise hence a candidate must submit domicile/ PRC against his state/ UT.
18-23 years as on 01.08.2021. Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02.08.1998 and later than 01.08.2003.
Age Relaxation Extra as per Rules
- .SC/ ST = 5 years
- OBC = 3 years
- Ex-Servicemen 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.
- Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved) 5 years
- Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC) 8 years
Essential Educational Qualifications (As on 01-01-2021):
- The candidates must have passed Matriculation or 10th Class Examination from a recognized Board/ University.
- Candidates who have not acquired the essential educational qualification as on the stipulated date will not be eligible and need not apply.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10-06-2015 published in the Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas/ certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grants Commission. Accordingly, unless such degrees are recognized for the relevant period when the candidates acquired the qualification, they will not be accepted for the purpose of Educational Qualification.
All the candidates who are called for Document Verification will be required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates etc. for completion of Matriculation in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before the cut-off date, failing which the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the educational qualification. It is reiterated that the result of requisite educational qualification must have been declared by the Board/ Institute/ University by the specified date. Mere processing of the result by the Board/ University/ Institute by the cut-off date does not fulfill the EQ requirement.
Incentive to NCC Certificate Holders:
|Certificate Category||Incentive/ Bonus marks|
|NCC ‘C’ Certificate||5% of the maximum marks of the examination|
|NCC ‘B’ Certificate||3% of the maximum marks of the examination|
|NCC ‘A’ Certificate||2% of the maximum marks of the examination|
How to apply:
- Applications must be submitted in online mode at the official website of the Commission i.e. https://ssc.nic.in.
- In the online Application Form, candidates are required to upload the scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). The photograph should not be more than three months old from the date of publication of the Notice of Examination, and the date on which the photograph has been taken should be clearly printed on the photograph. Applications without such date printed on the photograph will be rejected. Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). The photograph should be without cap, spectacles and both ears should be visible.
- The Last date and time for submission of online applications is 31-08-2021 (23:30).
The recruitment process will consist of
- Computer Based Examination (CBE),
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET),
- Physical Standard Test (PST),
- Medical Examination (DME/ RME) and
- Document Verification.
1.On-line Test Structure
Note: There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions
2.Physical Efficiency Test (PET)/ Physical Standard Test (PST):
Based on the performance in CBE, candidates will be shortlisted for PET/ PST by the Commission. Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Standard Test (PST) will be conducted at various centres finalized by the CAPFs. Detailed scrutiny of candidates’ eligibility/ documents will be undertaken at the time of DME. Therefore, it will be the responsibility of the candidates to verify their eligibility as prescribed in this notice before appearing for CBE/ PST/ PET. During PET/ PST, candidates who are found eligible on height parameters will undergo PET (race) followed by biometric/ technology aided identification. Scrutiny of eligibility of candidates for any relaxation i.e. age, height and chest measurement will be carried out after qualifying PET (race) before PST by CAPFs PET/ PST Boards.
Candidates have to clear the race within the following time limits
|5 Kms in 24 minutes.||1.6 Kms in 8 ½ minutes||For candidates other than those belonging to Ladakh Region|
|1.6 Kms in 6 ½ minutes||800 metres in 4 minutes||For candidates of Ladakh Region.|
3.Physical Standard Test (PST): Physical Standards for the posts are as follows:
- Male: 170 cms
- Female: 157 cms
- Few categories of candidates are allowed relaxation in heights
Chest: Male candidates should have following standards of chest measurement:
- Un-expanded: 80 cms
- Minimum expansion: 5 cms
- Few categories of candidates are allowed relaxation in chest measurement.
Salary Structure of SSC GD CONSTABLE
Pay Scale: Pay Level-3 (Rs 21700-69100)
Syllabus of SSC GD
|General Intelligence and Reasoning:||Analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns will be tested through questions principally of non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, etc.|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and scientific Research etc. These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline|
|Elementary Mathematics||This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.|
|English/ Hindi:||Candidates’ ability to understand basic English/ Hindi and his basic comprehension would be tested.|